DIY New Year's Confetti Poppers
Celebrate the New Year in style with these metallic confetti poppers you can make with recycled paper tubes and our Metal Mash-Up Craft Kit! Just add a balloon to the bottom of the cardboard tube, decorate the outside with glitter tape and metallic cording and fill it with pom-poms and confetti. Pull back the balloon, and POP!
- Recycled paper tubes (paper towel rolls, toilet paper rolls, gift wrap rolls, etc.)
- Latex balloons
- Hot glue
1. Cut your cardboard tube into smaller tubes if needed. We used a tube left over from all of our Christmas present wrapping!
2. Cut the top off a latex balloon right above the neck of the balloon with a pair of scissors.
3. Stretch the cut end of the balloon around one end of the cardboard tube. Tie a knot in the balloon.
4. Decorate the cardboard tube with glitter tape from the Metal Mash-up Kit.
5. You can also wrap metallic cord or fuzzy sticks around the tube and secure with glue.
6. Fill your poppers with pom-poms, confetti, and cut up fuzzy sticks - all from the Metal Mash-Up Kit!
Get ready to watch your confetti fly as you pull back the balloon and let it go! Happy New Year!
* * *
Shop our Smarts and Crafts Metal Mash-Up here!
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.