Make a Hanukkah Banner
If you go to the store to buy Hanukkah decorations, I’ll give you two guesses what color they will be. Yep...blue and blue (and maybe a little white with a touch of gold). Let’s go a little crazy this year and accent the traditional blue with pops of the rainbow.
Let your kids dig into the Arts & Crafts Library to make this garland as colorful as they’d like. Pink letters? Why not! Orange beads? Go right ahead! It’s time to break the rules!
What you’ll need from the Arts & Crafts Library:
- Pipe cleaners
Let’s Make It:
1. To make the cursive words, twist 2 to 3 pipe cleaners together and form the letters. Add pipe cleaners as you go if needed.
2. Thread a needle with the string, and thread about five pom-poms onto the string.
3. Weave the string in and out of the pipe cleaner letters, then thread five more pom-poms on other end.
4. To form the HANUKKAH letters, bend and cut pipe cleaners to form simple, capital letters.
5. Press the pom-poms on the ends of the pipe cleaners, adding a dot of glue to secure.
6. Tie, wrap or glue the string around the top of the letters to make the garland.
* * *
Post by Amanda Kingloff of Projectkid.com. PROJECT K!D is dedicated to offering families creative and inventive ways to spend unplugged time with kids.
* * *
Shop our Arts and Crafts Library here!
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Get crafty and create a custom birthday sign for your next Birthday Party Parade