Reindeer crafts are a festive way to celebrate the holidays! These fun and easy wintertime activities are a fun activity to bring holiday cheer to makers and giftees alike!
From ornaments to puppets, there are so many options for your one-of-a-kind reindeer creation. Whether you’re using fuzzy sticks to make antlers or a pom pom for a bright red nose, Kid Made Modern has all the tools to make your Christmas more creative!
DIY Reindeer Ornament
One of the best ways to celebrate the ones you love during the holidays is to create something for them. Ornaments are usable year after year, serving as a reminder of all the fun you had creating them during holidays past! Kid Made Modern’s Paper Mache Ornament Kit makes the process a winter breeze.
Learn how to make a DIY Reindeer Ornament below.
- To create a reindeer ornament, use the white glue and brush to attach small pieces of colored tissue paper onto the ornament base. You can get creative and make a super mod blue reindeer with the materials in our ornament kit! Or you can leave the brown cardboard base of the ornament for a brown reindeer.
- Once the background has dried, use a dot of glue to attach a red pom pom to the center of the ornament. Then, use the glue to place two googly eyes or white beads above the pom pom. You’ve made your eyes and nose!
- Finally, time to attach the antlers. Using fuzzy sticks, found in your Arts and Crafts Supply Library, insert or glue two fuzzy sticks to the top two corners of the ornament.
There you have it: an adorable reindeer ornament that will adorn your tree for years to come.
Make Your Own Felt Reindeer
Kid Made Modern’s DIY Advent Calendar is an amazing kit that features over 25 daily crafts for your little one — including a DIY Felt Reindeer! Read on for how to create the reindeer.
- Using the brown felt sheet provided in the kit, cut out a reindeer head. Since scissors are needed for the cutting part of the craft, adult supervision may be required.
- A quick way to make a great reindeer shape is to draw a triangle with rounded edges, with two long ovals on either side of the top.
- Next, simply attach a red sticker-backed gemstone to the center of the face. Above it, stick two googly eyes.
- For the antlers, take two fuzzy sticks and use glue or tape to attach them behind the ears. Bend and twist the sticks to your desire to create your own unique antler shape!
Reindeer Footprint Art
This fun craft makes for two activities in one. Reindeer footprint art is a quick and simple creation for kids of all ages, and will delight any young crafter that loves to experiment with paint. And Kid Made Modern’s Washable Paint Set helps keep this activity mess-free.
Here’s how to create a Reindeer Footprint.
- Pour the brown paint onto a small, flat surface.
- Then, have your little crafter carefully press their feet into the paint, and then immediately onto a piece of construction paper. Our washable paint will wash right off for easy clean-up!
- Once the painted footprint dries, transform the shape into a reindeer.
- Paint two eyes at the top widest part of the footprint, and then paint a nose at the bottom of the footprint on the heel.
- Paint the antlers going off of the footprint and onto the rest of the page to add dimension to your painting.
- Fun Tip: Add some texture to your reindeer art! Attach googly eyes and a red pom-pom from the Arts and Crafts Supply Library for 3-D eyes and a nose that pops off the page!
Craft A Reindeer Paper Bag Puppet
Make your very own reindeer puppet, Santa’s favorite sidekicks will come to life! All you need to provide for this craft is a paper bag, and Kid Made Modern’s Arts and Crafts Supply Library will provide the rest!
- Flip the paper bag upside down and make sure the flap at the bottom is facing upwards. Glue a red pom pom to the bottom of the crease, and glue two googly eyes onto the top.
- To make the antlers, encourage you kid to follow their creative impulse! You can either glue two fuzzy sticks to the top of the bag, or cut out two antler shapes from a piece of brown felt and glue them.
- For a finishing touch, you can use a fuzzy stick and sticker-backed gems to create a reindeer collar. Stick your hand though the center of the bag, and voila — a talking reindeer!
Crafting is an exciting indoor activity that the whole family can enjoy, and Kid Made Modern has all the tools to create your own Christmas cheer.