Teacher Appreciation Clipboard Craft
Posted on By AKM
SAVE 80% SALE ITEM
Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up and we LOVE gifting teachers something that is both kid-made AND something they can actually use! Our Custom Clipboard project is the perfect combo. Using our awesome patterned papers, kids can design and craft unique clipboards that their teacher will have no trouble keeping track of! To make the gift extra special, have kids fill out a questionnaire about their teacher and attach it to the board -- you can find our printable at the bottom of the tutorial!
- wood clipboard (available at office supply and craft stores)
- foam craft brush
- modpodge or similar craft glue/sealant
- KMM beads (found in lots of our craft kits)
- KMM craft floss (also found in many of our craft kits)
- acrylic paint (optional but a great set of colors comes in our Studio in a Box)
- cardstock or heavy craft paper
- teacher questionnaire (printable HERE!)
1. Paint band at top of clipboard -- if you like, use acrylics to paint a thin layer on the top portion of the clipboard around the metal clip (it's hard to cover with paper). Paint a few inches below the clip so you'll have a nice transition between the paint and the paper. Hold the clip open while it dries for a few minutes (you can wedge a pencil in the clip to keep it open too).
2. Decorate clipboard with paper -- use the mod podge to glue patterned papers to the remaining space in any way you like! You can cover it completely, make a design, etc. Just trim it to fit and let it dry for 5 - 10 minutes. Then spread another thin layer of mod podge over the top to seal it. Don't worry if you get a few bubbles, you won't really see them when it all dries. You can do the same to the metal clip too!
3. Add a name tag + accessories -- cut a name tag shape out of the heavy cardstock and punch or cut a small hole at the top. We glued more patterned paper to our tags as well. Write the teacher's name or initial on the tag. Create a tassel following our tutorial. Add a few beads onto the tassel, loop it through the name tag, and attach both to the clip.
4. Show extra gratitude! -- print out our questionnaire (HERE), have your child fill it out, and clip it onto the board before giving it to the teacher.
Check out our KMM Patterned Papers here!