Thanksgiving Turkey Napkin Rings
Everyone will want to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving when it is decorated Kid Made Modern style! Get the kids involved in creating their own colorful place settings, starting with these simple turkey napkin rings that use a few supplies from the Arts and Crafts Library and a paper towel roll.
- Arts and Crafts Library (wooden discs, fuzzy sticks, googly eyes)
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls
- Craft glue
1. Cut a paper towel or toilet paper roll into 1.5 inch rings. An adult can help with this part if needed!
2. Choose four different colored fuzzy sticks from the Arts & Crafts Library and cut them each in half.
3. Bend each half fuzzy stick into a loop and twist the ends together to create a feather.
4. Glue the four feathers to the back of a wooden disc with craft glue or hot glue on the low setting.
5. Glue the turkey to one of the cardboard rings.
6. Finish by gluing on a pair of googly eyes and a beak cut from paper. Insert a napkin in your napkin ring!
Create a colorful kids Thanksgiving table by making placemats from two sheets of Print Party paper. Personalize each spot at the table with an initial made from beads and fuzzy sticks. Add paper fan turkeys and recycled cans holding art supplies to get your craft on while the turkey is in the oven!
* * *
Shop our Arts and Craft Library here!
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Get crafty and create a custom birthday sign for your next Birthday Party Parade