Valentine’s Day DIY: Love Bugs
There is no cuter bug than a love bug! You can make these little critters for Valentine’s Day with supplies from our Arts and Crafts Library and recycled egg cartons. Use fuzzy sticks to make the perfect antennae and legs, cut felt strips into pink and red hearts and add sequins and pom-poms to your love bugs to make them extra cute!
-Recycled cardboard egg cartons
1. Use a strong pair of scissors to cut an egg carton into different segments.
2. Paint the egg cartons with pink and red acrylic paint and a foam brush. Let dry.
3. Use fuzzy sticks, felt strips, sequins and pom-poms from the Arts and Crafts Library to decorate your love bugs.
4. Use the needle that comes with the Arts and Crafts Library to poke a hole or two for the antenna.
5. Bend a fuzzy stick into a heart-shaped antenna and stick into the hole in the egg carton.
6. You can also add legs to holes poked at the base of the egg carton.
7. Cut small hearts from the felt strips and use to decorate your bugs or add to the top of their antennae. Embellish with pom-poms, sequins, or any other supply from your Arts and Crafts Library!
Shop our Arts and Crafts Library here!
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.